Welcome to St Edburg's School
'Dare to be wise'
On behalf of the pupils, staff, parents and governors of St Edburg’s CE Primary School, I am delighted to welcome you to our website. We look forward to meeting your child and am sure that this will be an enriching, inspirational and successful experience for them.
St Edburg’s is an ambitious school, that has served the local community since 1850. Our school bell, travelled with our school when it relocated to Kingsmere in 2016. Engraved on the bell are two dates 1850 and 2016 in recognition of the history of the school. Each morning you will hear our historic bell ringing across the estate at the beginning of the day!
Our most recent Ofsted Inspection recognised that ‘Pupils are happy to belong to this welcoming community” (Ofsted 2022). Where the “Leaders have designed an interesting and ambitious curriculum to give pupils the knowledge and skills they need to be successful.” (Ofsted 2022). All of our stakeholders share in our high expectations and highly value our family ethos.
The school educates over 400 pupils aged 3-11. Our school’s distinctive Christian vision effectively underpins all that we strive for. Our Vision, inspired by Luke 2:10 is that our children will be bringers of ‘Good News’! This means that, in a world that is often confusing and frightening, our children are not afraid because they are equipped with confidence, courage and compassion. They are able to show love to those in need, create solutions to problems and be courageous at ‘having a go’! This is underpinned by a deep understanding of the ‘Good News’ shared in the Bible, through our learning of the Parables of Jesus.
Our school motto, ‘Dare to be Wise’ reminds us all that learning is an exciting adventure of discovery which is stimulating, challenging and memorable.
All St Edburg’s School asks of you, is your dedication to improving the prospects of our pupils and your support in making our school the pride of its community.
You are joining our school at a very exciting time in the school’s history. With works planned to begin on a second site in 2022, and the school due to expand from September 2023!
I look forward to sharing the school’s successes with you.
Mr Andrew Terrey
Creative Commons Music by Jason Shaw on Audionautix.com
Latest St Edburg's School Calendar, School Calendar Events
- Early Years Open Evening04Oct2022
5:45 pm - 6:45 pm @ St Edburg's School
Prospective Parents of children joining the our Reception or Nursery Classes in September 2023. Join us from 5.45-6.45pm. No need to book just pop along!
- Parents Evening Session06Oct2022
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For Reception and KS2
- Parents Evening Session10Oct2022
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For children in KS1
- Parents Evening Session11Oct2022
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For children in Reception, KS1 and KS2
- Y6 Woodlands Trip - Parents Meeting17Oct2022
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Come along and visit our Early Years Department - 5.45-6.45pm
- We have added a new tree to our blossom trail. This tree was given to the school by Mrs Kunzer and will hopefully be bearing blossom and fruit in a few years. - Click on the report to see photos.
- The school will be closed on Monday 19th September 2022 to observe the Bank Holiday for the funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II. The school will re-open on Tuesday 20th September 2022
- If you have additional adults collecting your children next year then please let us know - we need your permission to release children to them. You can do this by using our After School Collection Form on the Parents Page