Wearing a school uniform gives the children both a sense of pride and belonging. We encourage the children to take care of their belongings and to take responsibility for their kit whilst it is in school. Children need to have a PE kit in school every day.
The school holds samples of uniform so that you can compare sizes but does not sell uniform. School uniform can be ordered from the link at the bottom of this page.
Every item needs to be named please!
- White polo shirt
- Grey or black skirt or trousers. Please note that skirts should be an appropriate length.
- Burgundy (not red) cardigan, jumper or fleece. Please note that our classrooms are warm and we advise that children should not wear a fleece in the classroom.
- All children should have a pair of black plimsolls for inside use.
- Children may wear black trainers or black shoes outside. Shoes must be low heeled and support the foot. Dolly shoes and backless shoes are not permitted.
- A white round necked T-shirt
- Black or burgundy shorts
- Joggers or sports leggings for outside PE
- Trainers - these must be suitable for outside wear and can be the same as the child's outside trainers or they can be sports trainers of any colour.
Pupils take part in swimming lessons once in Key Stage 2. Girls should wear a single piece costume and boys should wear trunks. Bikinis and swimming shorts are not permitted. Swimming goggles are permitted in some circumstances and parents should consult their child's teacher regarding this.
No jewellery is allowed apart from stud earrings and an appropriate watch. Earrings must be taken out for PE and swimming. (We would strongly recommend that pupils leave earrings at home on these days).
Nail varnish and make up are not permitted in school.
Long hair should be tied back during lessons.
Short hair cuts should be appropriate for school i.e. no inappropriate "tram lines" or Mohican style cuts.
Girls in Years 5 and 6 who wish to wear a hijab may do so which must be either black or burgundy.