Year 5/6 teacher
We are seeking to appoint a Year 5/6 teacher in September 2019. We are looking for someone who has passion and commitment for teaching and learning. Our school is both new and old! We have a history that goes back nearly 200 years but we recently located to a brand new building on the Kingsmere development in Bicester. Our school is in a period of expansion and is a very exciting and interesting place to be as we evolve from a small school to a large 2 form entry school. We strive to offer experiential, relevant and engaging opportunities that enable children to develop excellent learning behaviours. We have a strong Christian ethos and work hard to make sure that all who work and learn here are valued and feel included.
We can offer:
- A staff who work hard but still have time to stop for lunch!
- A collaborative approach to planning lessons that are exciting and motivate children
- School leaders and governors who support a creative approach to learning
- Children who love coming to school!
You will need to be:
- Enthusiastic and excited about learning!
- A Team player able to get on with many people and expecting to contribute to the curriculum design and plan
- Flexible – our school is responsive and creative.
- Kind – we treat all our children, parents and each other with respect and dignity.
This position would be suited to those in their early years as a Teacher or those that are more experienced.
Closing date is Friday March 8th
Interviews will be on Friday 15th March.
Please contact Mr Marshall, Business Manager, for an application pack;
tel: 01869 252393
Home School Link Worker
St Edburg’s CE Primary School is an expanding school on the Kingsmere Estate in Bicester. The school is looking to appoint a Home School Link Worker to support parents and children. We are looking for a positive and competent person to be a key member of staff working with families including families who are supported with Child in Need or Child Protection Plans. The job also includes taking a lead on working with families on an Early Help Assessment process and liaising with the children’s social care team at the Local Authority.
We are looking for a Home School Link Worker to work 16 hours a week for 39 Weeks a year. The working hours can be worked flexibly and this would be discussed as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will have:
- A smile!
- The ability to work well as part of our Inclusion Team
- Ability to manage a complex work load
- Sensitivity to the needs of parents and children
- A clear understanding of Children Protection policies and procedures
- Competent literacy skills (at least a Grade C at GCSE English
- Flexibility in their working approach
- Knowledge and understanding of how Primary Schools work
Visits are strongly encouraged and these can be arranged by contacting the school’s Business Manager, Duncan Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org